Friday, October 22, 2010

Renewed...

I have had a pretty tough time recently. Before you think this is a “Woe is me” type of thing, this is about a good tough time. I have been raised in church, pushed away by church, readily welcomed into church, and operated with some success in the church. I know the ebbs and flows of what church does, how it operates, in fact for the past 12 or so years I have made it a point in my life to study the workings of the church as a pastor. I believe that my working in this matter has drawn me so much closer to God and I must say that I have learned a lot.

I also must admit that I have had times that I have studied the church, as it is, and let that lead my life more than I have let the God I “serve” have guidance over this journey of life. Recently, He has showed me this and has led me on an adventure that is revolutionizing the way I think about many spiritual matters. I have begun seeing things in the Bible that I have never taken note of before, I actually hear from His Spirit and He leads me down pathways that I would be to afraid to traverse before. He has erased so many of my fears, washed away the guilt that I have had, challenged me in my beliefs of who He is, expanded my understanding, and all the way has given me peace that I cannot explain.

I can look back over my past writings and teachings and see the older mindset I had. It makes me wonder how God has brought me to this place. I look back over the seemingly aimless meanderings spiritually and wonder, how did I come to this place? It is by His grace alone.

It is my hope in the future of this blog to share with you some of the things I have been learning. I hope there are some good conversations to come and some clear revelation for all of us.

No comments: