Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Update


I have been on a bit of a hiatus recently.  It isn’t because I have had a lack of inspiration, and even though my time has been a bit thinner recently, that hasn’t been the sole reason for my absence on the blog.
Really what it came down to is that I found myself sitting in front of my computer, sometimes even beginning to type out something I had been thinking about and it just felt very…Pharisaic?

I found myself pointing my finger without really wanting to do anything for it.  I found myself condemning the Bride (the Church) without giving any guidance or effort on my part to change it.  Was I unwilling?  Was I puffing myself up and putting myself in the wrong position?  

Maybe…or maybe I needed my perspective changed.

I have begun thinking about, and in some cases rethinking, matters that I can easily dissect, but what can I do about it?  

I don’t want to just point to the issues I can dig up about the Bride, I want to help her get well.  For this I realize that I must rely on God’s Spirit for guidance, not contradict the Word in what I feel led to, follow Christ’s example, and also hold in balance that there is a life to live here on this earth that produces many responsibilities and many of those responsibilities are from God…many are not.

What you will read in the next few weeks is not a bash session, if it comes across that way, please forgive me.  I say forgive me, but also give you the freedom to call me out on it if you feel otherwise.  I have found myself to be an idealist, which is not of itself a bad thing, but can come across as crass and arrogant.  Being an idealist can also lead me to making quick judgments when I do not have all the evidence.  

I don’t want to be a rash idealist, but an idealist that realizes that I serve a God who is able to do impossible things through ordinary people.

This is an invitation to those who read the blog to discuss, share, open up, and join me on the journey to look for some answers.  I don’t want to be a finger pointer; I want to be a worker.  I don’t want to be an armchair quarterback; I want to get in the game.  I want to see the Bride being glorious as she affirms the magnificence of her Groom (Christ).

I won’t have all the answers, I might only have a few, but I know God has a plan and I know the zip code that He is leading me to.  I am asking for your insight as I travel this path. There is much more to come.  

God bless. 

No comments: